Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Procedure part 1

So, now that I've laid my goals out of all to see what am I doing about it?  First, there were diet issues.  I don't mean anything like "go on a diet."  My plan is to make meaningful, long term changes to my diet as part of a healthier lifestyle. No more daily allowance of one sugary soda. No more daily dose of a random chocolate candy. A big yes to more veggies in my diet.  A big yes to more fruit in my diet.  Lean meats and fish are a go. A big yes to an occasional, high quality chocolate treat. A big yes to a cheat day if I want it on the weekend.

I've gone back to making kefir smoothies for breakfast.  Flavors are up to my imagination. Strawberry, peach, tropical fruit, blueberry, etc. I'm still making the whole grain bread for our family and I eat that. I've learned to like avocados in a salad. I'm checking out simple recipes from a raw foods cookbook.  There's a certain appeal to not standing over a hot stove or oven. I'm trying to have good cold water fish a couple of times per week.

Here's my guideline reference:
Doctrine and Covenants 89 in part...
 10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

 11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

 12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;

 13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.

 14 All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;

 15 And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.

 16 All grain is good for the food of man; as also the fruit of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground—

 17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.

 18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;

 19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;

 20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.

A promise of wisdom, knowledge, health and strength are hard to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment