These past few weeks have been busy ones for our family. I've been gone for two seminars while still working to manage our household, keep up with my boys' schedules and trying to stay on track with my personal goals.
I'm still making progress on my weight loss, albeit, more slowly. I've lost 34 pounds now and could be reasonably satisfied with my current weight plus or minus a couple of pounds. I still find that I will snack compulsively when I'm stressed and have the opportunity. Some old habits are hard to break. I'm more fit than I have been in a very long time. There's still work to do there but it's been fun to see changes. I wish I'd made 'before and after' photos like you see in weight loss advertisements. I'm always skeptical of those.
My progress in learning to swim is slow, ploddingly slow. I am seeing improvement. I'm much more comfortable in the water than I was three months ago. It's still not my favorite place to be but I can enjoy it. I'm so close to being able to swim now that I look forward to practice time instead of dreading it. Maybe this week will be the week it finally all comes together.
I'm coming into the busiest months of the year for our family. Spring gardening has begun. Preparations for summer 4-H Club competitions are gearing up. Scouting events are competing for slots in our family calendar. There's so much to do that establishing priorities can be difficult.
One of my goals for this week is to find some quiet time to sit down and prioritize my activities. There's bound to be a way to manage my time more effectively. I'm told it's not wise to run faster than one is able. That makes sense but when there are so many good, worthy choices, settling on just a few is difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment