Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Time to Walk the Talk


Do you have days where you just can't find your get-up-and-go?  Moxie, that's what I need a good dose of right now.  Anybody got some to spare?
 
The past few days have been challenging for me.  As the date for my hip replacement surgery grows closer I'm finding that I'm struggling.  This is not at all the kind of feeling I had in anticipation of the birth of my children.  That was energizing in some way.  That was the emotional response I was expecting from myself in the days leading up to my surgery.
 
I suppose I have been equating the two as positive experiences of epic, life changing proportions. The days and weeks leading up to the event are increasingly physically uncomfortable.  There will be a tremendous amount of work to do after I return home. Maybe it's the amazing hormonal changes that come with pregnancy that make the difference.  They help to help equip us women physically and emotionally for the challenge. I don't have that advantage this time around.  The comparison has not turned out to be a good one.
 
I've been working to keep a positive attitude.  I've been talking the talk.  Now, I need to kick myself into action and walk the talk.  A little more spunk with a dash of defiance, that's what I need, because I really am mentally tough enough and physically strong enough to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment