I apologize for failing to write these past two weeks. It's been a busy time and finding the quiet minutes to write have been scarce.
I was very excited to be able to attend RobotC training with my sons lady week. Tim Freiz of Carnegie Mellon is an excellent teacher. I'm no where near proficient but I'm convinced I can learn and become proficient if I choose. It was amazing to watch my sons work. They are so different. They have completely different thought processes but they can still enjoy teaming togetherness.
Today is a big day for me. I'm sitting in a hospital room with an IV. I've been tagged, labeled and poked. Unless there's an unexpected surprise I will be having hip replacement surgery in a few hours. I'm a little anxious but I am at peace as well. It's been a struggle to get to this point.
There have been times over the past few weeks when I have felt like a petulant child. I was upset by the delayed surgery. I was upset by what I perceived as an agonizingly slow detour from the path I wanted. I definitely had an "I want it now" attitude. It's been a challenge to accept that God had different timing in mind than I. It's given me an opportunity to grow for which I wasn't looking. I know I'm going to need to draw on this lesson and expand on it over the coming weeks. It's not something I do well.
Today, I am giving myself into God's hands. I've worked to prepare for almost exactly 12 months. I've done all I knew to do and learned more along the way. It's been an amazing experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment