What happened? This is not quite what I imagined as a little girl with fairy tale dreams of what my adulthood would be like. I would always be pretty, neat, clean, patient, loving and so incredibly soft spoken that everyone would adore me. Whoa! Where did that woman go?
So, I'm sitting here, typing the deep, dark secrets of my existence to share with goodness knows who. The table in front of me is crowded with papers, each representing some chore to be done. I'm trying to work out how to be in two places at once tomorrow and how to make three days worth of work fit into just two. What I really want to be doing is sitting with my husband watching a movie or sipping hot chocolate while reading a book.
It's time to take a deep breath, make some sense of this pile of papers, organize my time for this week and go give my husband a kiss. Sometimes being a responsible adult stinks but mostly, it's worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment